Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!



This is Nalu, my little princess. She's not afraid to strike a pose.

I try to count my blessings every day. Gratitude helps to ward off jealousy, worry, and all kinds of other nasties. This Christmas, I have so much to be thankful for, it's almost ridiculous. I have a job I like, that leaves me time for writing--that alone feels like nothing short of a miracle. I have a novel, completed, of which I am extremely proud. I have great hope for finding a publisher for the novel, in spite of a recent rejection. I have thicker skin than I used to, no longer finding rejections devastating as I once did. I have a Florida vacation starting on Friday, with my in-laws who I adore. I have parents who will properly spoil my princess while we're away.

Finally, the blessing that is almost too good to believe, I have a baby growing in my belly.

What are some of your blessings? Tell me or just tell yourself. They're there if you look for them.

Nalu and I wish you all a holiday season full of blessings, gratitude, and joy!

4 comments:

CecilyK said...

Oh, honey. Congratulations, and merry christmas to all of you. :D

Yvonne said...

Cute, cute, cute picture!!! :)
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! And blessings, they are endless in my life, for which I'm grateful! Thanks for sharing yours!

Mr. Ackerman said...

I am grateful for ...
1. You
2. Nalu
3. Baby Igman / Igette
4. My job and some financial stability.
5. Our family and friends.

Thanks for the post. Nalu looks ... no es verdad!

Unknown said...

A little Joolita!? Ohhhh, I am soooo excited and happy for you! I was just talking about you to my awesome writer sister-in-law Beth. XOXO