It's been so long since I've posted about Daniel, I'm afraid he'll get a complex. Months 7 and 8 were so sweet I wanted to freeze him in time. He is adorable, interactive, and not yet mobile--a dream baby. Here are my top 10 sweetest things about him right now:
- His intense hugs – when I wake him in the morning, he grabs my hair with both hands and presses his face into mine, like he wants to eat my face.
- When I enter his room in the morning he kicks his legs, waves his arms, wiggles in full body delight.
- He takes two naps a day, and sleeps twelve hours at night. No fuss, no muss. I’m reluctant to type this for fear I will jinx it.
- While sitting, he rocks his torso back and forth – a seated happy dance.
- He reaches his hand out with great longing toward people he loves (and lights, and his bottle.)
- He flashes his gummy smile, still mostly gummy, with two bottom teeth and a giant top tooth starting to poke through.
- He bounces and dances in his jumper for up to an hour, showing different levels of enthusiasm depending on the song. (Like his mamma, he favors something with a good beat.)
- He gives air kisses when I say “Kissy.”
- He holds his own bottle or sippy cup.
- He stuffs food into his own mouth with great gusto, sitting in his high chair as long as we feed him.
What's sweet in your life right now?