Similarly, living with an infant grounds me in the moment in a way nothing ever has before. So many times a day I find myself trying to soak up and absorb the sweetness of a given moment, not to hold onto it so much as to enjoy it while it's happening. Below are a list of recent sweet things. I hope you're enjoying the sweetness of your life today.
1. When I come home from work, Daniel scoots as fast as he can toward the door, with a huge grin and the happiest noises I’ve ever heard a human make.
2. When he’s tired, he’ll rest his head on my chest as I rock him.
3. He sleeps through the night, and naps like a champ (most days).
4. He caws like a crow, he quacks like a duck, and makes a cara fea (ugly face) on demand.
5. When I’m out of sight, I’ll hear him coming down the hall, getting more excited as he gets close, then squeal with delight when he finds me.
6. When Carl brought him his favorite blankie (knitted by Grandma) the other day, he smiled, kicked his legs and wiggled in joy.
7. He’s a good mimic. Latest word – elevator.
8. He buries his face in anyone or anything he loves.
9. He hugs my legs from behind when I’m at the kitchen counter.
10. He kisses pictures of babies in books.